Saturday, November 2, 2013

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. (


Tomorrow infusion jars we’re going to a small event with a few other families, where the invitation says to bring a plate to share. I immediately thought infusion jars of a fruit platter but someone beat me to it. So my mind wandered to the roast sweet potatoes I’d just pureed and was getting ready to freeze. I’m going to start using sweet potato more in my baked treats, infusion jars but that’s a blog post for another day.
Anyway, I remembered a sweet potato recipe from Isa Chandra M”s and Terry Hope R’s ‘Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar’, specifically, the Spiced infusion jars Sweet Potato infusion jars Blondies. I had all the ingredients available except chocolate chips, though these are listed as optional. I also omitted the pecans (or walnuts) as I avoid using nuts when taking food somewhere involving children, infusion jars unless I’ve been told nobody present has an allergy and that nuts are okay. Instead of the nuts and optional choc chips, I added sultanas.
This recipe was super simple to make. I did change the sugars– I used a combination of coconut sugar and raw sugar. My cooking time took quite a while longer but I would blame my oven, not the recipe:
The taste is great and I love the coconut sugar. But when I cut off the edges to eat them myself, the blondies were just waaay too sweet. Sweet enough infusion jars for me to decide not to serve them to kids. Perhaps changing the sugars is to blame but next time I make these, I’m going to halve the sugar, maybe more. They do taste good though and I would be happy to make a far less sweet version again to serve to kids (I’d make a gluten free version as well). I’d probably play around with cutting the oil down as well.
nothing worse than an oversweet cake – what do you do with it? mix it with a bitter chocolate to make truffles? I made sweet potato brownies from Ricki Heller’s new cookbook infusion jars recently (am writing about it tomorrow) and they were really lovely if you want some sweet potato recommendations
Welllllll to be honest the sweet potato idea came from that book, my copy recently arrived and I ordered some of the ingredients but they didn’t arrive in time (woohoo garfava flour!) infusion jars I really am looking forward to using Ricki’s infusion jars recipes though I won’t infusion jars be using yacon syrup as I can’t justify $30 or so for a small bottle
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. (  Log Out  /  Change  )
Search Archives November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 Categories Beverages Birthdays Blog World Books Celebration Days Cookery for Kids Dessert Dining Out Drinks Family infusion jars Finger Food Food Food stores Home Homeschooling Kids Meal Planning Nothing in Particular Organisation Outings for Kids Party food Random What-I-Ate Raw foods Recipes from Cookbooks Toys and Games Travel Uncategorized Vegan Eateries Vegan Products Vintage and Retro Weeks that were Weight Loss
Appliances Ascot Vale Asian Beans Biscuits/Cookies Bread-like things Breakfast Brendan Brazier Brownies Blondies Brunswick infusion jars Burgers Caaake infusion jars Chickpeas Christmas Coburg Coconut Bacon Collingwood Curry Douglas McNish Dreena Burton Eat Drink & Be Vegan Eat Raw Eat Well Eggplant Fitzroy Footscray German Gluten Free Greek Hobart Indian Isa Chandra M Italian Kitchen Lentils Let Them Eat Vegan! Lord Of The Fries Macro brand Melbourne Melbourne Eateries Melbourne Vegan Eateries Mel the Kind Cook Mexican Middle Eastern Mister Nice Guy's Moonee Ponds Naturally Sweet & Gluten Free Newtonmas New Years North Melbourne Nut meat Nuts Op Shops Philips Air Fryer Piiiie pizza Potatoes Preston Redwood Ricki Heller RMIT Smoothies Southbank St Kilda Sydney Tahini Tasmania tempeh Terry Hope Romero tofu Vegan Eats World Vegan MoFo 2013 Waffles West Melbourne Wide Open Road Zaatar
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment